Friday, January 25, 2008

WE DID IT!

Here's a picture of that "major thing" I've been working on which I mentioned yesterday.



Yes, we bought a house! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

So, what came down to the wire yesterday? Getting the cashier's check for the downpayment. John was literally (yes, literally) standing in the bank waiting for me to call him with the final total dollar amount (I was waiting for a call from the paralegal who was waiting for the corrected paperwork from the bank). I called him at 4:50, but then we realized we didn't know to whom the check should be payable. After several more frantic phone calls, I got that detail and called him back at 4:59. We had to get the check from the bank by 5 PM before they closed, because we had to take it with us on the 6:30 AM ferry this morning to Swan Quarter for the closing. Anyway, we made it, and then today we spent many hours on the ferry (went over on the 6:30 and back on the 1:00), but it was all worth it of course! It was FREEZING here this morning, and there was quite a bit of wind, which made the ferry ride less than pleasant (rocky in addition to cold). We then went to the courthouse to sign and/or initial many, many pieces of paper with many, many words of legalese on them. But that's what you have to do to buy a house!

I am amazed, humbled, and awed at the blessings that God continues to shower on my life. Hope your life is blessed too, wherever you are!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so jealous...

<3 Jenni

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I had also looked at that house, but, you beat me to it! Enjoy it!