Sunday, January 13, 2008

Local wild life

This morning, I observed some of the local wild life in the resort. These cranes were hanging around outside the screened porch of our villa, and were quite cooperative about having their pictures snapped. I assume I'm not the first one to have done that to them!





This evening, we had a blast with another kind of wild life: grand kids! We swam in the pool, floated in the lazy river, ate a terrific meal including bananas foster for dessert (the first time the kids had seen a dessert set on fire!), and then played in the arcade until we were all just about ready to drop.

Flaming dessert:


A few minutes ago, I was a form of wild life. The &^%$#*&^@$% internet access at this place continues to be the bane of my existence! I decided this afternoon just to pay the fee for access for a whole week. I paid online, and got connected. Then, when I tried to reconnect, it prompted me for an access code (which I didn't have, as the system did not give me one when I connected the first time after paying). It also gave me the "buy" option. Well you can bet I wasn't paying the dang fee again! I went upstairs to the desk for assistance and was told repeatedly that there wasn't anything they could do. I responded repeatedly that that was not acceptable and they were going to have to figure something out for me. Finally, one of the staff people gave me a code to use.

I'm in the quiet lobby again tonight, only this time the mini zamboni man is cleaning the floor down here. And this evening, I was the angry lady! Grrr... Think I'd better go to bed before anything else wild happens. :)

No comments: