Thursday, January 3, 2008

Changes

We are a couple of days in to the bridge/road closure project, and there are some changes which I've noticed so far. (These are the only changes I have noticed, i.e. the ones which have affected me; I'm sure others have noticed other changes or been affected significantly more.)

Mail leaves the Post Office earlier than usual. Newspaper delivery is later than usual.

Yep, that's it so far. I guess that's because I never feel confined or isolated here on the island. My life is rich and full (sometimes too full!) right here in this small place, and if I can't go "up the beach", it doesn't worry me. Of course, I don't need to go up to Nag's Head for anything, either, which certainly helps. But there's still something to be said for contentment and thriving right where you find yourself.

Here's a shot of one of my favorite places to touch salt water. It's a put in/take out point for kayaks, in a kind of out of the way part of the village (not on the harbor or one of the other points many people would think of if they wanted to get into the water). That's part of why I like it. The other reason is, well, it's beautiful. See for yourself!



The picture really doesn't do it justice, though. Next time you visit the island, if you would like to know where this is so you can enjoy it in person, drop me a comment and I'll tell you how to find it.

No comments: