Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A blessed day

My mom and I went to a park here in Orlando today which is significantly different from all of the others in town. This one is called The Holy Land Experience, and it is designed to inform visitors about Israel and the history of Judaism and Christianity, while also entertaining and inspiring them. It was my second visit to the park (John and I went two years ago when we vacationed here), but I was still greatly moved and further educated.

I was especially blessed by several simple statements I encountered during our day.

Here's one:



The other one was a line from the original musical Centurion:

"He is so much more than you imagine."

And then there was this one, oft quoted and repeated, ignored and misunderstood by many, but world changing and important nonetheless:



Know you are loved, wherever you are.

No comments: