Sunday, January 27, 2008

Undone things

This blog may be dated Monday, since I am posting it after midnight, but as far as I'm concerned it's the blog for Sunday!

I didn't get much done today. Well, much that was on my to-do list. I actually did many other things today, all of which were important. I so often get caught up in the urgency of the to-do list that I miss doing the things which are more important in the long run. Today, the to-list went largely un-to-done, but I did spend time walking, worshipping, fellowshipping, celebrating, and just chatting with friends. I took a short walk before church this morning, and enjoyed being back home walking around my neighborhood again. After church, I rode my bike over to the Methodist Church Rec. Hall where they were having a community roast beef lunch (which was delicious). Almost directly from there, I went to DeepWater Theater to join the quilters in celebrating Eleanor's 92nd birthday.

After that, I did manage to get one of my to-do list items partially done: I removed all the ornaments from the Christmas tree. The lights are still on it and the tree itself is still up, but that part will go faster than removing the ornaments, which need to be identified and correctly sorted into boxes by year (I collect Danbury Mint gold ornaments). So I got the harder/more time consuming part done!

The reason I stopped in the middle of the "take Christmas tree down" task is because I went to Jamie's house for dinner and a movie. After the movie ended, Jamie and DeAnna and I sat and chatted for quite a while...which is why this blog is being posted so late.

When I walked into my bedroom and was reminded I still need to unpack my suitcases, I briefly chided myself for going out for the evening instead of doing what needed to be done. But then I thought: in ten years, it will be far more important that I have friends whom I love and enjoy spending time with than the fact (which will have long since been forgotten) that my suitcases remained unpacked for another day or two.

So there they sit, partially blocking access to my closet.



I don't care...there are more important things in life than unpacking suitcases. Hope you can find time for the important in the midst of all the urgent to-do items in your life, wherever you are...

No comments: