Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ways to celebrate New Year's Eve on Ocracoke

In case you are here, or planning to be, I thought I would pass on that there are a couple of options for celebrating New Year's Eve on the island. There's the annual dance at the Community Center, which is a fundraiser for the Fire Department. I can't remember the name of the band which will be playing for that party (I do know that it is not the Ocracoke Rockers this year).

Or you can head out to Howard's Pub for live music there, which I think will be provided by Frozen Head and the Squirrels, a group which has performed there before (I haven't heard them and therefore cannot provide a review or opinion).

Or you could always stay home and watch the ball drop on TV. Or go to bed early and miss the darn ball. That's probably what I'll do, since I have to get up early to feed the baby every day, holiday or not. :)

Have fun, whatever you do to celebrate the new year!

3 comments:

Woodduck said...

belated Happy New Year from Nags Head. I stayed home but got out on the porch and blew my old trusty/rusty cornet...did you hear it?

Just wanted to leave you a comment. Keep on chooglin'..happy trails

Ocrakate said...

Thanks Woodduck, and a belated Happy New Year to you too! I assume you blew the trusty/rusty cornet at midnight; if that's the case, the fact I didn't hear it is of course because I was asleep by then and not due to the distance. :)

Woodduck said...

:~) Got'cha