Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cookies and 'cue

There were two holiday events today, both of which were well attended and quite tasty. (Of course, that's one wonderful thing about holiday events...there is usually good food involved.)

The first event was the annual Friends of the Library cookie exchange. Talk about delicious! This was a feast for all the senses, though, not just the taste buds. Before the cookie exchange part started, several Ocracoke School students performed stories and musical pieces.

Here are a few pictures.

The cookie table before...

Musical and story performances:

...and the cookie table after! I took two dozen cookies to exchange, so I got to take two dozen assorted cookies home with me. Aaaah, I feel the sugar rush coming on already...

The second event was also an annual one, and this one was (and always is) EXTREMELY well attended. Literally hundreds of people come to this, the largest potluck on the island each year. I'm talking about Jimmy's Garage Party. Each year, the Jackson family provides the barbecue, and the island brings the side items and desserts. It's seriously good eating! Last year, I overindulged so much I had a stomachache. So this year, I came prepared. I skipped lunch!


I always enjoy seeing the holiday decorations amidst the garage items.

Yum!

Hope you are enjoying delicious holiday celebrations, too!

No comments: