Thursday, December 11, 2008

Zicam and chicken soup friends

I have a nasty head cold. I am so congested, I literally cannot get air through my nose at all. This is not good timing, as I'm supposed to sing tonight at the Christmas concert. (So I'm sincerely hoping this illness goes away as suddenly as it arrived...preferably by 3 PM this afternoon!)

A couple of days ago, when I started to feel this cold coming on, I was talking about it to my friend Jamie. She suggested I try Zicam, and I lamented the fact that I would have done just that, if I hadn't discovered that my Zicam sprayer was completely clogged and non-functional.

Yesterday morning, I went to the Health Center (with John, for a previously-scheduled appointment, not for my cold) and saw Jamie there (she works as the receptionist). She told me she was hoping that the Zicam she ordered for me online would arrive today, so I could use it to stop the cold before it got much worse (and hopefully be able to sing with her at the concert). Warm fuzzy moment. I was so touched by the fact that she ordered it for me.

Last night, the cold was unfortunately worse (the Zicam didn't make it), so I called Jamie to let her know I would not be coming to the Madri-Gals rehearsal, partially because I couldn't sing worth a hoot, but mostly because I didn't want to get all the other "Gals" sick. (Madri-Gals is what we call our group. We sing...you guessed it...madrigals.)

Today, Linda (one of the Madri-Gals) brought me some homemade chicken soup, a holiday candle, and her wishes that I get well in time for the concert. The soup was delicious, and wonderfully soothing to my sore throat. I haven't lit the candle yet, because I couldn't smell it right now anyway!

Have I mentioned recently how blessed I feel to have friends like these? Probably not recently enough. So here it is: I feel incredibly, wonderfully, remarkably, ocmpletely blessed to have friends like these. Hope you have fantastic friends too, wherever you are...

No comments: