Thursday, May 29, 2008

Touring the village

I recently heard about a new way to tour the village, so I thought I would summarize the ways I know about for anyone who is interested in learning more about Ocracoke.

Like to see old pictures? Pick up a copy of the Ocracoke Walking Tour and Guide book. Go at your own pace on foot or by bicycle, learning about the historical structures in the village, and the people who built them and called them home.

Want to hear some spooky stories along with your history? Take an evening Ghost Walk. These guided tours leave from the Village Craftsmen on Tuesdays and Fridays at 7:30 PM. (Call 252-928-6300 for info. and reservations.)

Feeling high tech? Take a self guided MP3 history tour. These are new and also available from Village Craftsmen. I plan to take one soon! You can learn more about this option here.

Enjoy your tour!

No comments: