Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bulletin board

I had been jonesin' for sushi at Jasons, since they were closed for a month, reopened while I was in Colorado for two weeks, and then didn't have it last Tuesday! So we went tonight, and stuffed ourselves with combination rolls, spicy tuna rolls, and seaweed salad. Good stuff!

After dinner, John asked me if I wanted to go to the Post Office to read the bulletin board (he had already picked up our mail for today, so I didn't need to do that). He is excellent at getting our mail, but terrible at reading the board, which in my opinion is the FAR more important reason for going to the Post Office in the first place! If I don't go for a few days in a row, I miss all the happenings, because John doesn't read the board and let me know what is planned.

Anyway, of course I went over there and read my fill while John paid our Jason's tab. (Darnit, sushi isn't free...) I noticed a theme among many of the current notices on the board: HELP WANTED. It's that time of year, when the seasonal businesses start getting busy and need all the staff they can get. If you're willing to work hard, and if you have a place to stay, there's a job for you on the island!

No comments: