Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I hear...

The bedroom I use as my office is on the side of the house which has all the windows facing the street, through which I get to see some interesting things.

Recently, the weather has been lovely so I have had the windows open. As a result, I have gotten to hear some interesting things, too. Here are a handful of examples.

Things that might make you curious to hear more:
- "That's the weirdest question I ever heard." (Unfortunately, I didn't hear the question...)
- "I had to get up at 6 o'clock this morning to make breakfast." (This one I actually understood, as the person speaking was an innkeeper at a local B&B.)
- "For a couple of years, it's been on the market at $400,000, but he lowered the price because he really wants to sell it" (I have no idea what piece of property this was about, or whether it was even around here.)

Good things to say:
- "Thank you for checking."
- "I understand."

And a couple of pieces of excellent advice:
- "I try to ride my bike everywhere."
- "Remember that time is ticking away."

Amazing what you might learn, if you keep your ears and your mind open. Listen!

No comments: