Saturday, May 24, 2008

Full day

It was rainy this morning and I was afraid we would spend most of the day inside. Not that I don't enjoy a day inside. I love to read and do puzzles and occasionally find myself almost hoping for a rainy day so I can do so without feeling like I'm wasting daylight. But I had spent the last several days inside, and was looking forward to my long weekend off to go out and have some fun. I also wanted our guests to be able to enjoy the island, not be cooped up inside.

So we decided there wasn't any reason not to just go out and enjoy ourselves, even though it was raining. We went shopping, and then took a drive around the village and a walk through Springer's Point. As we came out of the woods and onto the beach there, it stopped raining.

The rest of the day was full of sunshine and activity. We went to the beach, where we found many seashells and one shipwreck. Then we went to the Pig Pickin' at the Community Center, a fundraiser for the Fire Department. Next, we went for a sunset sail on the Schooner Windfall. We ended up the day with ice cream and card games.

It was a terrific day. Hope you are having fun this weekend too, wherever you are...

No comments: