Monday, May 21, 2007

Flickering lights

I just got back from my salt water walk. When I was out on the soundside beach, I saw two types of flickering lights. The first was from the TV in a nearby rental cottage - I could see the moving quality of the light indicating that it wasn't from a lamp or overhead fixture. Then, I noticed light moving on the beach, down a bit from where I was standing. There were two people out for an evening walk, with flashlights. I bet they were enjoying finding the ghost crabs, which freeze in place when you catch them in a flashlight beam.

Of the two types of flickering light I saw this evening, I recommend enjoying the second! (Not that there's anything wrong with TV per se, but if you have a choice between watching the boob tube and walking on the beach on a clear evening, under a quilt of stars and a sliver of moon, it does seem like a pretty simple decision.)

No comments: