Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tapas time

A couple of times a year (or so), there is a special dinner event at a local restaurant. The last one I went to (before tonight) was an evening of Greek cooking at The Back Porch. Tonight, it was tapas at Cafe Atlantic. I was really excited about it, as I missed it when it was held last year, only to hear the next day how fantastic it was. So I wasn't about to skip this one!

In case you don't know, the concept of tapas comes from Spain. In Spanish cuisine, tapas refers to a variety of appetizers (both cold and hot). The idea has been expanded in America (and the U.K.) to include other courses, all comprised of small portion sizes, so diners can combine many different tapas to make a complete meal. Jocelyn and I each ordered one appetizer, two entrees, and one dessert (remember, they are small servings!) It was a delicious meal, and I enjoyed every bite.

Here are a couple of pictures.

The announcement sign and special menu were posted outside...


...for people to read while waiting for a table!

No comments: