Monday, June 29, 2009

Book sale

If you love to read, but don't necessarily want to break the bank to buy books, here's something you might be happy to know.

Friends of the Library Annual Used Book Sale
Friday, July 3rd beginning at 9 a.m. on the front porch of the library.
Hardcover books: $2
Paperbacks: $1
Most children's books: 50 cents

Friends of the Library membership forms will be available at the sale.

All proceeds benefit Ocracoke Friends of the Library, a non-profit
organization dedicated to promoting literacy on the island. Friends of
the Library will use part of this year's book sale money to purchase
new books for Ocracoke Child Care.

Donations of used books are still being accepted at the library this week.

4 comments:

Tammy Elrod said...

Hi! I just saw your post on Beth Moore's blog and the name certainly caught my eye! We vacation every October on Ocracoke (we stay on Pamlico Shores Dr on Northern Pond). I enjoyed the posts I read and love the vision it gives me of my favorite island when I'm not there!

Tammy
Mechanicsville, VA

Ocrakate said...

Hi Tammy! October is my absolute favorite month on Ocracoke, so you are one smart cookie when it comes to the perfect time to vacation here!

I also ADORE the North Pond neighborhood. I actually rented a little cottage over there (Minnow) for a week in January and took a personal retreat. I was sad to leave that area...it's gorgeous. Of course, the whole island is lovely (in many different ways), but the Pamlico Sound view from there is just stunning.

Let me know when you'll be here in October...maybe we can meet!

Tammy Elrod said...

Yes, we love that area, too. We stay at Fig and Thistle. Are you doing the Siesta Summer Bible Study? We are coming to the island this October with another family and both of us are doing the study.

October is perfect. There has only been one summer when it was too cold to swim. We love the weather, the coolness in the evening and the mild heat of the day.

We are already talking about our trip and making plans. How was the new restaurant Dajio? We ate once at the Pelican and didn't like it.

Tammy

Ocrakate said...

Hi again Tammy! Yes, I am doing the summer Siesta study, and loving it so far. I decided to splurge on the videos (you can download them for around $5 each), and they are terrific, too, although significantly shorter than Beth's.

Dajio is fantastic. I just posted a review of it. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. (I didn't mention this in my blog about it, but I actually liked it so much that I went back for lunch the next day!)

Hope you enjoy your trip! Let me know if I can help answer any other planning questions...