Thursday, June 18, 2009

Kayaking the canals

Jocelyn and I went kayaking today. (The cottage we are staying in has a couple of kayaks with it. We only took one of them though - a tandem one, obviously...the other one looked pretty rough.) Anyway, we didn't go very far, just paddling up and down the canals in Oyster Creek, but we enjoyed it very much, and I plan to go again several times before I have to check out and lose the access to the kayaks (and the water).

I love getting out on the water around here. No matter what area of the island I do so in, I always enjoy the different perspective it gives me on things I see every day from the other angle. If you haven't been kayaking (or for a sail on the Schooner Windfall, or across to Portsmouth with the Austins, or on a fishing excursion, or even for a wade in the Sound off Springer's Point, or some other way I'm not thinking of to get out on the water around here), I highly recommend it!

No comments: