Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Rain and rainbow

This morning it was pouring down rain, right at the time I needed to leave to take Connor to daycare, of course! We got drenched (well, actually really only I got drenched, I managed to keep Connor under the umbrella). Then by the time we arrived at OCC (less than 1/2 a mile away), it had nearly stopped. Ah well, that's Murphy's Law of rainstorms, I suppose.

Anyway, I still went to the beach for my morning quiet time as I always do. I actually prefer rainy days on the beach, at least in the summer, because it's like the dead of January - I have the beach pretty much to myself. This only happens in late June when it is pouring.

There was one brave couple out on the beach at the same time I was there, though, and they were far braver than I, since they were on foot! I'm glad they were there, because I had my head down in my Bible until I was distracted by their motion just down from my car. I looked up to see that the lady was taking a photo, and I was glad I did. I immediately tossed down the book, grabbed my camera, and jumped out to snap the shot, too!



So the lesson learned here is don't be so absorbed in reading God's Word that you miss His daily WORK. Amen!

1 comment:

Lisa Uotinen said...

We saw this rainbow too, from our rented house on the sound! I also took a picture. :)