Friday, June 19, 2009

Dajio review



I finally ate at Dajio this evening, with my sister, so I thought I would share my reaction. Summary: it was fabulous. The atmosphere is cozy, the service was terrific, and the food is made with very fresh ingredients,including locally caught seafood, and is very tasty. I am a fan of bold flavors, and Dajio did not disappoint. (Be aware, if you don't like strong - especially hot/spicy - tastes, you should ask which items are spicy...the appetizer we got was quite hot, which I loved but Jocelyn found a bit overwhelming.)

Another thing to know is that the portions are generous, so a good strategy for dinner there (especially if you want to try one of the marvelous desserts) is to share an entree. (Of course, this does mean that you will have to choose only one, which may be difficult.)

But don't take my word for it - next time you're on the island, go try it yourself. I suspect you'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

Nicolle Griffin, AIA said...

I worked for Doug and Judy Eifert when they owned Ed and Fred's Desert Moon in Lexington, KY for years. The photo you have posted on your page brought back LOTS of memories from my years serving there during architecture school at UK. I've been CRAVING some of Doug's recipes lately so after Googling them saw your review. Your town will grow to LOVE their food. Next time you're in there ask them to get a web site up with menu and recipes like they used to have!!!