Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A wonderful evening

Tonight, we had dinner outdoors. We attended the OWWA fish fry and enjoyed steamed shrimp and fried bluefish with coleslaw, baked beans, and a terrific key lime pie for dessert. We ate at a picnic table right outside the Fish House, and met some friendly visitors too. It was a great dinner, rivaling any expensive restaurant.

After dinner, we went home and played a round of euchre. I love euchre, so this was my favorite part of the evening! Jocelyn and I played several rounds of Speed (which took about 3 minutes total) and one session of War (which lasted nearly 30 minutes, and that was a relatively short round because Jocelyn beat me soundly).

Finally, we worked on the puzzle for a few more minutes. Well, Jocelyn worked on it. I watched and provided moral support. Someone has to be the audience to watch my sister's puzzle prowess.

My favorite part of the whole evening? We didn't turn the TV on for a minute. I enjoy these evenings of "old fashioned", unplugged activity, reminding me of simpler times. Hope you get to enjoy some quiet times, too, wherever you are...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, could the real reason the TV stayed off is that it still isnt connected to anything???? Not that that is necessarily a bad thing.... ;-)

Ocrakate said...

Actually, unfortunately, the dang thing IS now connected. That's why it was so peaceful that it was off - it hasn't been off much since it got connected!