Friday, July 11, 2008

Fashion is not my friend

We watched "The Devil Wears Prada" tonight. I don't think about fashion much, and I really don't care what's "in" and what's not, so watching an entire movie about the world of fashion was interesting for me.

My requirements for clothing and shoes are that they be:
1. Comfortable - this is the most important attribute and is the reason I don't wear high heels or anything tight.
2. Affordable - there are at least 417 more important things to spend money on, in my opinion. Okay, 417 might be a minor hyperbole, but you get my point.
3. Easy care - this is especially important here on Ocracoke, where dry cleaning is simply not an option. But I didn't own anything that was "dry clean only" before I moved here either.

That pretty much rules out anything in the world of high fashion. I guess it's a good thing I live on an island and hang out with other people who think fashion is irrelevant.

No comments: