Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Puzzle people

My family enjoys doing puzzles. I also like to do them, although I am terrible at them. My sister and my husband, however, are quite good at them. They do really well putting pieces together based on shape only, meaning they are successful at assembling the parts of a puzzle in which the pieces are all the same color (like a large area of sky, water, or sand in the picture). I, on the other hand, can only work with the pieces which have obvious differences in the image, as my eye simply does not easily see the differences in the shapes.

I was hoping to have a deep meaningful life lesson here, about how people look at the world differently (some see the big picture, some the parts), but it's just not coming to me. So here are some pictures instead!



Jocelyn and John putting the outside edge together.



Savannah watched the progress from below.

No comments: