Sunday, July 13, 2008

Advice

Today, I had a baby-related question. (The first of many, I'm sure!) Usually, when I have a question, I ask Mr. Google (or sometimes Mr. Yahoo). It's actually a running joke in our family that I can find the answer to nearly any question in six clicks or less. I usually watch movies with my laptop at the ready, in case I wonder "who is that actress?" or "what did I see him in last year?"


When I had the baby-related question, however, I called my friend Sundae, who has three kids. It was a definite departure from the norm for me, but I love the fact that many of my friends with babies have encouraged me to call and take advantage of their experience when I need to do so.

The great thing about this particular instance of receiving advice was that, after Sundae gave me a suggestion on what to do, she said "I'm really not all that familiar with this. You should check on the internet."

No comments: