Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Number crunching

Someone told me once that buying a home on Ocracoke is easy. He went on to say "first, you win the lottery..." I laughed, but sometimes it isn't really all that funny.

The short bio at the end of my article in the April Ocracoke Observer said, among other things, "Like one of the many people she interviewed for this article, Kati Wharton wants 'to live on Ocracoke until the day I die'." That's true. But wanting something and getting it are often two different things.

I've been crunching numbers the last few days, trying to figure out what we can afford to buy here. It's disheartening. Guess I'd better go buy a lottery ticket!

1 comment:

TomC said...

Wow! That sure strikes home with me Kate. I've been a frequent visitor over the years and have been working the numbers myself to find a way to buy a home on Ocracoke. I'll need to live in Dallas a few more years, but, will find a way to land on Ocracoke to stay!