Saturday, April 14, 2007

Just ducky...

I learned this morning who has been assisting our outdoor kitties to eat all their food: the local ducks! I knew there had to be a reason they seemed to be hanging out around here fairly often (the ducks, not the cats...the cats are supposed to be here!)

I felt a bit sorry for the cats, but really didn't mind that we've been feeding the ducks. I like ducks, so I decided to give them some more to munch, and tossed out additional food. Then I sat down on the porch steps and enjoyed watching them eat. It was a beautiful sunny day today and this quiet morning moment was lovely.



I went for a walk in Springer's Point this afternoon, and saw one of the ducks out for a swim. The water was completely calm and smooth, with sunlight making it sparkle. I think the duck was enjoying the quiet as much as I was!



Tomorrow, if the forecasters are correct, there may be a small lake in the road in which the ducks can swim! The car is moved to higher ground, the porch furniture is turned over in anticipation of the high winds, and we're ready for the blow. I hope the ducks find a safe place to hunker down until it passes.

No comments: