Monday, April 2, 2007

I should never leave home...

...without my camera. Yesterday, I saw a large group of pelicans, floating on the calm waters of Teach's Hole. The day before it was a tree full of birds. (I really heard that one more than saw it!) Other recent photo-worthy sights have included a dog running into the water after a thrown stick, a group of ladies laughing over a quilt they were working on together, and the Methodist Church glowing in the moonlight (I would have to have a really good camera to get that one to come out right!)

Ocracoke is a place filled with stunning natural beauty and the loveliness that is community, too. I am challenged to try to capture both with my camera. If I remember to take it when I leave home, I may make some progress toward that challenge.

No comments: