Thursday, April 5, 2007

Changing weather

The only predictable thing about spring weather around here is that it's unpredictable. Someone asked me the other day about the current weather, and I said "well, this time of year it might be 75 or it might be 30". And that wasn't that much of an exaggeration! It has been in the 70s for the last few days, but the temperature is dropping; the overnight low is expected to be near 40. All these ups and downs probably explain why I have a cold. Or maybe it's pollen allergies.

Okay, I'll stop whining about spring now. It really has been wonderful for the last few days, and we had a beautiful sunset this evening. I do like spring, although I prefer fall slightly, just because the water is still warm enough for wading. It hasn't warmed up enough yet for anything more than quick finger and toe dips for my daily salt water experience.

Things are starting to wind up for the season - several more restaurants have opened, including everyone's favorite take out place, Thai Moon. I will be getting some Tom Yum Goong soup ASAP! The usual Easter weekend activities are planned:
- Easter Egg Hunt for the kids - Saturday 4/7 at 11:00 (this year it will be on NPS property near the Visitor's Center instead of at the Methodist Church)
- Ocrafolk Festival Fundraising Concert - Saturday 4/7 at 7:30 (doors open at 7:00)
- Sunrise Service on the beach - Easter Sunday 4/8 at what my sister would call "oh dark thirty" (I'm honestly not sure what time it is, but if check the sunrise time for Sunday and get there 15 minutes before that, you should be fine)

There's a new event planned for kids this year too: "KidzBlast" at the Assembly of God Church on Saturday 4/7 at 6:00. I'm not sure what is planned, but with a name like that, I'm sure it will be fun!

If you can make it to the island for Easter, come enjoy the festivities with us. If not, have a great weekend wherever you are!

No comments: