Monday, January 3, 2011

Pool shark, part 2

Many months ago, I wrote a post about the fact that I won (okay, on two technicalities) the first annual summer sister getaway contest, which happened to be a best-of-three pool playing match. I mentioned that there was video of my amazing "sit-on-the-table, put the cue behind your back" shot, which I would post when I got it from my sister. Well, I finally got it, so here it is.



Oh, if you're wondering about all the giggling...yes, we were slightly tipsy. Which just makes the fact that I got that shot all the more amazing!

Last week at Gaffer's, I won the first annual winter sister dress up, go to a pub and play shuffleboard contest. And yes, again, on a technicality! (Although at least this time there was some strategy involved. I didn't win by reaching 21 points first, I won by forcing her to get 22 instead of 21 on her final turn. Other than that, it was pretty similar to the pool contest, in the sense that I am not very good at shuffleboard either, and she was beating me soundly up to that point.)



Yes, she is wearing my tiara - we're sisters, we share! And yes, she is drinking at the same time as playing shuffleboard. Apparently being tipsy is part of the theme of these sister contests.

If you like to play pool and/or shuffleboard, Gaffer's is the place to do that on the island. (Unless you happen to be staying at The Castle, in which case you can play pool there.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot, Kati, but the giggling and commentary really make the video.

Ocrakate said...

LOL! I totally agree! Making the shot was sheer luck anyway.