Sunday, January 23, 2011

More snow photos

I drove around the village a bit after church this morning, and then later in the afternoon I took a walk, to get more pictures of Ocracoke in the snow. It was quite sunny today so most areas were melting, but I still saw some pretty snow scenes. Here are a few.

Lighthouse



This kitty braved the snow, but kept lifting his paws as if to say "what is this cold stuff?"



The Cove B&B is closed in January, so the parking lot there was still pristine.



Loop Road ducks "walking on water".



I loved the scalloped effect (I assume the result of wind) on this boat in the Schramel's yard.



Snow family...which matches the actual family who lives in the house where it was.



Another pristine parking lot.



The snow took a slide...



Not a good day for the daycare kids to take a ride in their group stroller!



Or to walk down this ramp to their playground...



...or play on this toy!



Snowy trees.



I really liked the scroll effect of the snow "peeling" off our Jeep.



Snow on adirondack chairs is just funny.



Won't be eating at this table today...unless we make and eat snow cream!



More snowy foliage.



The long planter in our yard.



I loved the patterns the snow created on our outdoor chairs.





The yard of a house near mine.



Guess the birds could eat snow!



No grilling today!



This way to the office...



Harbor's edge



I think these are yaupon berries?



Waterfall effect

No comments: