Saturday, January 1, 2011

Quick summary

Here's what has been going on in my full, busy life for the last few months while I've been invisible on the blog.

I got seriously creepy makeup for my role as a zombie in the annual Spook Walk. I had a blast scaring people, and then several of us went to the Back Porch in full makeup which was hilarious.



The annual Ocrafolk School was a success, and the shrimp boil dinner was fantastic, as usual.



I dressed up as a Minnie Bar for Halloween.



There were lots of other great costumes at the Pub, as usual. Here's one of a couple whom I promised I would post their photo to the blog. (Of course, odds are good that they gave up looking for the picture and/or lost the napkin on which I wrote the URL long ago...but a promise is a promise.)



I went with my family to Walt Disney World for two weeks in late November/early December.



Yes, I'm wearing my Minnie ears.



Yes, I'm wearing my tiara.

We got home just in time to enjoy the festivities of Christmas!

I was a shepherd in the live nativity.



We enjoyed the Christmas Eve service and pageant at the Methodist Church.







Santa was good to us.







We attempted to go to the All Academy Ball (in honor of my sister, who will graduate from the Air Force Academy on May 25, 2011), but it was cancelled as a result of the snow storm. So we got dressed up and had our own ball...at Gaffer's Sports Pub!



Yes, I'm wearing my tiara again. I love having (and/or making up) a reason to wear it!

The second annual ladies Christmas tea was a wonderful time with some of my favorite ladies on the planet.



We enjoyed a family wine tasting.



And my sister and I rang in the new year together.

Whew. Hope you've been well for the last few months, and that 2011 will be a great year for you, wherever you are...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kati Wharton? Wait a minute. Who are you, really?

Ocrakate said...

Heck, I'm not sure. Zombie, Organizer, Minnie Mouse/Bar, Disney-Freak, Princess, Shepherd, Aunt, Sister, Daughter, Wife, Tea-Hostess, Wine-Taster, Project-Manager, sometime-blogger, work-in-progress?

Wait, no, I know: Kati Wharton, all of the above (and several other things, too), but most importantly, beloved child of God.

Anonymous said...

No offense, but the tiara is a little creepy. It's cute on a 6 year old, but on a 40 something it screams "I have issues!" I suppose the fact that they make one in your size should say something.

Ocrakate said...

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I am not yet 40-something. No offense, but your comment screams "I'm judgemental and unkind". And the fact that they make them in my size says "many adults are comfortable enough with themselves to be childlike and whimsical by wearing tiaras, and not worry about whether other people think it's creepy".

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Kati. The tiara looks good on you and, if it makes you feel good, wear it. Everyday.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you finally posted our picture !!! That's me (Sue) and Jack, the pirates at the halloween party at Howard's. Glad to see it, it's the only photographic evidence we have of that evening . . . . Thanks for keeping your promise, and not forgetting us! -- Sue K.