Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Power outage and Lake Sunset

There was a power outage this morning which lasted about an hour. It started relatively early. I remember waking up when it happened. For some reason, power outages always wake me...I suppose it's the sudden cessation of background sounds, like refrigerators and heat/air conditioning running. The baby monitor we have begins beeping a few seconds after it loses power, so that would have startled me anyway, if I hadn't already been awake. I got up a while later, getting dressed in the semi-dark, after (of course) attempting to turn on the bathroom light out of sheer habit even though I knew it wouldn't work. As I was finishing getting Connor's breakfast ready for him, the power came back on, and has stayed on since.

The reason for this particular outage is - I assume - related to the rain we had last night. Here's a view of the street outside my house, which I dubbed "Lake Sunset". The water is not terribly deep, but there's certainly plenty of it.

No comments: