Thursday, November 6, 2008

The last supper

We went to Cafe Atlantic tonight, to enjoy a last dinner there before they close for the season on Sunday. I often have a difficult time deciding which is my absolute favorite restaurant on Ocracoke, because so many of them are so great, but I think if I had to choose only one, it would be the Cafe. Everything they do is terrific - from the bread to the salads (with fantastic homemade dressings) to the entrees (I always have a hard time choosing one) to - and most especially - Ruth's delectable desserts.

Tonight, I was a complete pig and ate (well, at least ordered) one of all of the above. I wanted to have a full Cafe experience, since it has to last me several months! So I started with my favorite appetizer (not just at the Cafe - this is my favorite appetizer of all appetizers), then went on to have an entree (which comes with salad and bread). I was too full to eat dessert, but still ordered one and brought it home. It will probably be tomorrow before I have room for it!

No comments: