Sunday, November 9, 2008

A long line, and a full jar

The wait for brunch at the Cafe Atlantic today was anywhere between an hour and two hours long. Luckily, it was a beautiful, sunny day so people didn't seem to mind sitting on the porch (or standing in the parking lot) chatting with friends while waiting. I did see a handful of people give up and leave, but most hung in there until their names were called. The tip jar on top of the dessert counter was full, and I overheard a server saying that she had seen tables leaving $50 tips for $50 meals. The general sense was summed up well by a diner at the table next to me. When asked "was it worth the wait?", he said "I wouldn't have waited two hours just for the food, but it was worth it for the cause". I was personally very happy to be able to give to this particular cause, but I probably would have waited for 2 hours for Cafe brunch anyway!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what was the cause?

Ocrakate said...

Sorry, should have stated the cause again (I mentioned it on Saturday's blog). The Cafe brunch raised money for a member of the community who has recently been diagnosed with cancer, and who has two young boys (their second son was born just two weeks ago).