Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bryan Bowers, storyteller?

I knew that Bryan Bowers was an excellent autoharp player, but I wasn't aware (until the concert last night) that he is also a fantastic storyteller. He didn't merely introduce each song with a short vignette, or a sentence or two about who wrote it; no, he told full fledged stories with great detail, so that I could easily see his Aunt Bess in the chicken coop, the spotless apartment of the college sophomore, and the beauty of Alaska. Talk about multitalented!

I tried to get a photograph of Bryan while he didn't have an autoharp strapped to his chest, so you could see his shirt. I enjoyed the sentiment on it greatly, but unfortunately did not get a picture which shows it clearly enough for you to be able to read it, so I'll just have to tell you: it said "Transcend the bullshit".

No comments: