Thursday, March 6, 2008

Some days...

...are better than others. Today was not a happy day for me. No reason, really, other than being inside all day (literally, all day) on a gorgeous spring Thursday.

It's bad enough not getting outside as a general concept, but it's truly awful when:
- it's the fourth (fifth? I've lost count) day in a row...
- the weather is terrific and it would be a super day to walk on the beach
- you would really like to blog about something more interesting (say, what's happening or planned to be happening on the island), but you haven't been to the Post Office in so long, you have no clue what's happening!
- you would love to put a photo on said blog, but strongly suspect that your blog readers really would not be all that interested in a photo of your living room

When I was a little girl, if I woke up grouchy, my Mom would say "you need to go back to bed and get out on the other side". I'm sure that's a trite phrase that may have been said hundreds of times in the past, but as a kid I really thought it would work, so I would literally (yes, really...) crawl back in my bed, and get out on the opposite side from the one that I got out on previously. Funny, huh? Anyway, I think since I've had a cranky day, I just need to go TO bed, and hope I feel better (not to mention get to go outside!) tomorrow, regardless of which side I use to get out of bed.

Hope you are in a good mood, wherever you are...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but my bed was up against a wall.. so how do i do that? i guess im just a grouch all day, or you could get out of the bottom, i think i did that once when mom or dad told me to try again. :)

Ocrakate said...

LOL! Somehow, "go back to bed and get out on the end" doesn't quite have the same ring to it... :)