Thursday, March 20, 2008

New things

I finally went to Cafe Atlantic for dinner tonight. They reopened last Friday. It is pretty rare that it takes me almost a week to get there after their first night. Anyway, it was delicious, of course, and I am pleasantly full. There is at least one new menu item (there may be others, but this is the one that caught my eye): honey-lime chicken. Sounds yummy to me. I didn't try it tonight - the special (grilled mahi over a bed of spinach with hollandaise sauce) was calling my name far too loudly - but I did hear the lady at the next table oohing and aahing over the new entree. Of course, you know it will be good. Everything they put on a plate at the Cafe Atlantic is wonderful!

The other new thing is a website to educate people about the effort to close specific areas of the beaches to driving, and possibly to all human activity. Yes, that means you would not even be able to walk in these spots! Please learn more about this issue, and make your voice heard on the issue (write to your Congressperson, to President Bush, and to anyone else you can think of!) Here's the link. It's quite new at this point and therefore doesn't include huge amounts of info, but it does provide links to other resources with more details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kati --

Here's the website for the Ocracoke radio station ... http://www.hendersonstsleeves.com/dotnetnuke/ ... a project that may also interest your readers.

--Leonard

Ocrakate said...

Thanks Leonard! That's blog-worthy, for sure.