Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Delivery!

If you haven't yet heard the latest food news, here it is: there will be a new restaurant on the island soon, and they will offer pizza delivery! So now on those days when I don't make it out of the house due to busy-ness or just sheer laziness, food can come to me! I love pizza, so I'm looking forward to trying it. The Ocracoke Pizza Company will also offer pickup from their location on Highway 12, in the building where Dolphin Cove used to be. They will be starting simply, offering only pizza and drinks, but are planning to add other items later. Next time you are on the island, check them out!

3 comments:

connorsmommy said...

how is that gonna impact jasons pizza sales?

Ocrakate said...

I guess we'll just have to see. Jason's is so terrific for other items (pasta, steaks, fish, etc.) that I'm sure they will still be fine. They are also the only place on the island to get sushi (albeit only once a week). And of course their pizza is fantastic too. I'm hoping both businesses can coexist and be successful.

Anonymous said...

I will be visiting Ocracoke this summer, and although I've been before, I have only tried a few of the local restaurants. I love Thai Moon, but I definitely want to try other places. Good food is important while on vacation, :) so I am wondering which restaurants and dishes you would recommend. I've seen mixed reviews online, and I thought you might be a good person to ask. Anyway, thank you for all your time and help! Any suggestions or comments will be much appreciated. Take care.