Wednesday, March 26, 2008

High tech

Continuing on my musings from yesterday about how the internet has changed information access, I have been thinking this evening about slick high tech gadgets. I have a wireless LAN, so I can blog (and surf and shop and look up information) without cables. But that's nothing compared to the cool high tech toys I see on TV. My personal favorites are wall-sized screens, especially ones that have dynamically changing information which responds to voice commands, or can be moved around with just the touch of a fingertip. Then there are the entire computer systems which can be controlled to do highly complex processing with only an arrow key, escape button, or six seconds of typing on a keyboard.

The only thing wrong with these slick high tech gadgets is...they only exist on TV.

Okay, so I have officially been spending WAY too much time indoors, staring at computer screens. I need to go out to the beach and reconnect with the world. I won't take any of my gadgets with me, I promise.

No comments: