Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Signs of spring

Yesterday, I wrote about the changeable weather on the island as a sure sign of spring. The other indicator of spring around here is businesses reopening. I adore Jason's, but I am ready for a few more restaurant options. I'm in luck (and so are you, if you live here or are planning a visit), because some of my favorites will be reopening soon!

Here are the reopen dates for some of the restaurants on the island (sorry, I don't have them all).

Cafe Atlantic - opening March 14 (dinner 5-9 only, no Sunday brunch; closed Tuesdays as usual)
Capt. Ben's - opening Easter weekend
Fig Tree Bakery & Deli - opening mid April
Flying Melon - opening March 19 (for dinner Wednesday through Saturday, brunch Friday through Sunday)
Howard's Pub - opening March 13 (yes, that sounds odd - but the Pub was, indeed, closed this winter!)
Pony Island Restaurant - opening this weekend. I'm already planning a breakfast trip for Pony potatoes!

And here's one that's the opposite: Jason's will be closed for a well-deserved break from March 24 - April 23. I'll miss Tuesday sushi, but they have definitely earned some time off!

Wishing you good eatin', wherever you are...

No comments: