Sunday, April 19, 2009

Timing is everything

Apparently I need to synch my watch with that of the Hatteras ferry captains, so I don't pull into the lot at what I think is 3 minutes before the departure time for the next ferry, only to see that the gate is closed and the ferry motoring away. Or perhaps they need to not leave 3 minutes early just because they are done loading and there aren't any cars in the lot - because one just might pull in momentarily!

This is a pain anytime it happens to anyone, but experiencing it for the first time with a hungry and tired baby just heightened my frustration at having come so close to making it. On the bright side, at least we didn't drop an entire load of lumber in the middle of Highway 12, like we did the last time we were rushing to make the Hatteras Ferry! (Of course, we missed it that time too.)

Okay, I'm done complaining now. Missing the ferry occasionally is still a small price to pay to get to live here!

No comments: