Monday, April 27, 2009

Morning gathering

John and I took the first ferry to Cedar Island this morning, at 7:30. For once, we were actually ready to leave home with plenty of time to spare, so we went to the gas station to get some breakfast. I didn't even think about what time they opened, I just drove over there like they would be waiting for me, with hot biscuits ready to go.

As I pulled up, I noticed it was really busy. There were about 6 other cars there (yes, around here, at least this time of year, that constitutes "really busy"). Then, as I turned into the lot, I realized that all of the people who had been in those cars were standing around in the lot - waiting for the station to open. It was only a couple of minutes before 7:00, so we joined everyone else in the wait. We were quickly rewarded with sausage biscuits and drinks, which we took over to the ferry docks and ate while we waited to board.

Sitting in line, I realized that the vehicles in front of and behind mine had been at the gas station with me a few minutes ago. Guess we weren't the only ones with the idea to grab a bit of breakfast before the long ride!

No comments: