Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring planting

I bought a bunch of plants from the spring sale supporting the school. I needed lots, because John just finished moving a really long planter which used to run all the way down the side of our house (it's now up agains our fence), plus we also have three small planters on our front deck. This past Saturday, John and I worked to get all the plants into the beds and planters, and I discovered that I really enjoy having my hands in dirt. I even liked the smell of the soil! (Weird, right?)

Anyway, I hope that everything (the flowers especially, but also the mint and the strawberry plant) grows well, so I can post a photo later. For now, here are some "before" shots.



John prepared the soil in the porch planters. Connor sat in the shade and supervised!



All done and ready to start growing! That's mint in the bottom planter, coleus in the top two planters, and a strawberry plant in the corner between those two.



Here's the long bed down the fence. The flowers in there don't look too impressive now, but hopefully this will be a lovely riot of yellow, red, white, orange and green once they all bloom.

No comments: