Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Multitasking

Today I saw my friend Kim taking a walk. She was pulling her son in a wagon, enjoying the sunshine and getting some exercise. All while reading a book! Yes, she was reading something as she walked along (I'm not sure what...looked like a paperback, probably a novel if I had to guess.) Now that's what I call multitasking! My first thought was, "there's a woman after my own heart." I'll sneak in a moment of reading anytime I can, too. (It's the only way to get any reading at all done!)

That said, it is, of course, important to slow down sometimes and (gasp!) only do one thing at a time. That's one thing so many people love about visiting Ocracoke: the slower pace. (Which seems to be reserved for the visitors...)

Hope your life is not too filled with multitasking, wherever you are...

No comments: