Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Recipe source

I love food. I love all kinds of food, too...from alligator to ziti, and everything in between. I'm especially a fan of really flavorful things, so I like sauces and capers and odd things like fried pickles, just because they have a real impact on my taste buds. Subtle food is not my favorite. I want to really taste it!

I adore most of the traditional Ocracoke/Outer Banks dishes (certainly all of the ones I've tried), with two favorites being fig cake and fish cakes. (Yes, I admit, I'll probably like anything with "cake" in its name.)

I also like cookbooks. I have quite a collection. Even though I have to admit I don't use them all that often, I enjoy reading recipes, both to imagine what that dish might be like and also to learn ideas about how ingredients might be combined in different ways to make various dishes.

Now, I have a new source for recipes to read (and, heck, possibly even actually prepare!). It's
islandcookbook.com, a recently launched blog which aims to provide "Recipes from Ocracoke, North Carolina" (per the tag line below the blog name. Check it out, especially if you like to eat as much as I do.

No comments: