Monday, March 2, 2009

Music Across the Sound

The Annual Music Across the Sound concert is scheduled for this Saturday March 7th. The show will be held in the Mattamuskeet High School Gym and starts at 7:30. Performers include storyteller Rodney Kemp, Molasses Creek, the Snow Hill Baptist Church Chorus, the Green Glass Cloggers, Jule Garrish, Earl Carawan, and others you may have seen on the island at the Ocrafolk Festival.

I don't think I'll be able to make the trip, but I know the show will be terrific. If you're lucky enough to go, enjoy it for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your blog! I have camped at the National Park several times and love Ocracoke. I was lucky enough to spend a few days at NCCAT last week and so I got my first taste of the island in winter. I really enjoyed it and reading your blog keeps bringing the island back to me. Thanks for writing!

Ocrakate said...

Thanks Debbie! I have heard enough about the workshops at NCCAT to know that I wish I was still a teacher, because I would love to go take one. Hope you enjoyed it, and your time on the island during the quiet season.