Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Break time...

One fantastic thing about working from home is that, on a gorgeous sunny day in early March, when your work is nearly caught up and you don't have another conference call for a while, you can take a lunch break to lie in your hammock and read a good book for half an hour. That's exactly what I did today, and it was marvelous.

Then I went back to work, and the rest of the afternoon was not so wonderful. Because one bad thing about working from home on a gorgeous sunny day, is that you are, after all, stuck inside and working. (And my desk is placed in such a way that I can see out a window...which wasn't the best idea in furniture arrangement!) Anyway, that half an hour wasn't quite enough, especially considering I spent the rest of the day staring at spreadsheets, dealing with issues, and getting behind again.

But it was still worth it, and if it's sunny again tomorrow I might do it again! Assuming I can get caught up and finish staring at the spreadsheets.

No comments: