Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday blues and new menus

It's Monday. It's cold outside. I have been inside all day. So I have the Monday blues, for sure.

I have no idea - as usual - what might be happening on the island this week, other than the OCBA meeting on Wednesday night. (At 7PM, in the Community Center, in case you're here and interested.)

I think I mentioned in a recent blog about new things that the Cafe Atlantic has updated their menu with at least one new item. John and I ate at Howard's Pub on Saturday afternoon for lunch, and learned that they also have an updated menu. They changed the design, which now includes images of license plates with NC university mascots and symbols, and added a few items:
- appetizers: calamari, shrimp jammers (deep fried shrimp, stuffed with cheese and served with a sweet chili Thai sauce), and fried pickles (which we tried and I didn't think were all that spectacular)
- sandwich: reuben
- salads: taco salad

Oh that reminds me of one thing I do know about in terms of happenings. Marcy and Lou (of Coyote) and David and Gary (of Molasses Creek) will be playing at the Pub on Saturday April 12th starting at 8PM.

So now you know!

No comments: