Friday, April 18, 2008

Another OUCH

My readers who remember when I cut my finger may be amused to learn that I am apparently working on wrecking my left hand, starting with the index finger and moving on from there. Yesterday morning, my cat Jamie bit me on my middle finger. (Yes, I still love him. He has not been a happy camper in terms of adjusting to our move, and he was freaked out because he was trying to get outside and didn't know how. I made the mistake of attempting to carry a ticked off cat to the door. Stupid, I know, and I won't do that again. He knows where the doors to the outside world are now.)

John was bitten by one of our other cats several years ago, and got an infection as a result. So that's when we learned that you should always see a doctor if a cat bites you, as they have enzymes and bacteria in their mouths which should not be in human bodies. So I went to the health center. Dr. Moore and I had a chuckle about the fact that the last time he saw me it was also for a finger wound. I even went into shock briefly, for old times sake. :)

Anyway, they got the wound cleaned up and gave me an antibiotic shot and pills to take for the next 10 days. I'm going back today (in a few minutes) for another check because my whole finger is swollen and warm. Fun, huh?

No comments: