Monday, May 25, 2009

The sign!

When I arrived at the auction on Saturday night, I saw one item that I knew I had to have. I decided on my budget, and then I had a little bit of luck on my side and didn't have to spend it all to get it.

Here's a picture of my big purchase.



Yes, that's the sign which used to be on the Community Store. And yes, big is the operative word. The thing is 4 feet by 8 feet! And yes, I was really excited to win it, as you know if you were at the auction and heard me celebrating after the bidding stopped!

I'm planning to hang it on the outside of my house, partially so others can enjoy seeing it again, and partially because there isn't a single wall in my house quite big enough for it (well, that doesn't already have a large piece of furniture or something like that up against it).

No comments: