Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another new restaurant

There's another new restaurant in the works on the island, this one in the location that was formerly the Pelican (across and slightly down from the Community Square, on Highway 12 near the harbor). Here's everything I know about it so far:



Yep, that's all I know. The name (Dajio) and the fact that they plan to serve cold beer, fine wine and really good food. Sounds good to me!

They are currently in the midst of preparing for the season, including a new paint job. It's a bit hard to see through the screened porch, but they've painted the walls yellow with blue trim.



I'll try it when it opens and let you know what I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, I missed the cold beer at the pelican last year

Aaron said...

This is great! The Pelican was our favorite spot on Ocracoke for drinks. The outdoor bar has that kind of old school beach bar feel that you can't really find anymore. Can you tell if they've changed the outdoor bar at all? I hope not. Thanks, we'll be down next weekend.

Ocrakate said...

Hi Aaron ~

Dajio had an open house tonight (6/3), which I'll post a blog about once I get the blog caught up some more!

Anyway, my sister and I went to the open house, so I can tell you that the bar did not seem changed to me. I didn't go to the Pelican often, so I'm not sure if they changed things like wall decorations, etc., but the overall atmosphere is the same - wooden chairs and tables with umbrellas in the courtyard, the bar itself in the indoor area.