Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ghost walk - again

I blogged recently about seeing my friend Amy leading a ghost walk, and knowing that the season was definitely upon us.

Now, I have officially joined in participating in seasonal activities myself. I went on a ghost walk on Friday night, and enjoyed listening to my friend Amy tell several interesting tales - all historical, most spooky - about the island. Most of the stories were new to me, which was great, since I have gone on the ghost walk previously and also heard or read many of the island's erie stories in other sources.

I enjoyed the walk very much, as did the people with me (both the guests that we had visiting, and the other folks on the tour whom I had never met before).

So I know this is my second plug for ghost walks in less than a week, but there you have it. I think they are a really worthwhile, enjoyable activity. You should go! (If you're convinced - or, even if you're not yet convinced but you're considering it, you can get more info. here.)

2 comments:

Woodduck said...

We lived in a house built in the mid-1800s, for ten years, that had a spirit that never quite made it to the 'other side.'...doors shook, lights come on, hear walking upstairs, mysterious appearance of objects, on and on.
We were young(1970s)and in love and thought it was cool.
Still happens to the current residents, plus, communicates with their child. I wouldn't have found that cool.

Ocrakate said...

I also would not find a spirit talking to my child cool at all! I'm personally glad to live in a house inhabited just by live humans (and cats). It's enough work just living with other people, I don't need spirits to contend with, too!